Love -n- Diamonds

Wednesday, May 06, 2009

George Kenneth Dempsey Sr.

It is with great sadness that I post Mr. George Kenneth Dempsey Sr. has passed away. I knew him many years ago. He was a great man and very kind. I remember he always had a sparkle in his eyes. I always hoped I would get to see him again. It was an honor to have known him. I know that he will be missed.
Below is a copy of the obituary posted online at Stellato Funeral Homes website. To view the obituary in full, use this link: http://obit.stellatofh.com/obitdisplay.html?id=662400&listing=Current

Memorial for George Kenneth Dempsey, Sr.
Born in West New York on Dec. 8, 1925
Departed on Apr. 28, 2009 and resided in Toms River, NJ.

George Kenneth Dempsey, Sr., 83, of Toms River, NJ formerly of Lyndhurst on Tuesday, April 28, 2009. Beloved Husband of Mary (nee Rackelman). Loving Father of Carol Dempsey, O.P., Kathleen Dempsey & her Husband Ralph Muso, and George Kenneth Dempsey, Jr. Dear Brother of Elwood Dempsey, Paul Dempsey and the late Hubert "Jack" Dempsey, and Muriel Wescott. Cherished Grandfather of Scott Schaal, LCpl Kenneth Schaal USMC, Gary Schaal, Tyler Schaal, Shannon Dempsey, Travis Dempsey, Trent Dempsey, Traig Dempsey & Trusten Dempsey. Mr. Dempsey was a graduate of the US Merchant Marine Academy in New York. He was a US Merchant Marine Officer and Chief Engineer at Erie Lakawana Railroad Marine Dept for 30 years before opening Demco Awnings in Hoboken, which he owned for 20 years. Funeral Friday at 9:30 AM from the Ippolito-Stellato Funeral Home, 425 Ridge Road, Lyndhurst. Funeral Mass 10:30 AM Sacred Heart R.C. Church. Interment Holy Cross Cemetery. Friends will be received Thursday 2-4 & 7-9 PM

3 Comments:

  • At 10:43 PM, Blogger Sue said…

    Oh, that's sad, if you talk to George tell him i'm very sorry for his loss...

     
  • At 7:02 AM, Blogger Sandi said…

    I will... if I ever talk to him again. We don't really talk anymore. It is really sad. I really enjoyed having him as a friend again after all these years. But He has a girlfriend now. So apparently we can't be friends. That is on him. I would love to meet Diane. From what I hear she is a nice person.. unlike the lying, cheating, witch he married the last time! Her I never liked... and never will...I wonder why!!! LOL!!!

     
  • At 7:10 AM, Blogger Sandi said…

    I really wish George's family knew that I was friends with George again, and that I wasn't the evil person that Jen apparently painted me out to be. But I guess all that doesn't matter now..since G decided he didn't want to be friends anymore. I always loved that family. Mr and Mrs Dempsey were soooo nice to me. I really missed them. When George and I became friends again, I had hoped I would get to see them. But Unfortunately G. didn't want them to know about our friendship. That always hurt. But it hurts worse that he seems to be throwing our friendship away again.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home